Ein Iron, 37910
- Democracy and community development
- Environment/Sustainable development
- Human rights
- Youth and education
"Activism festival" is the annual gathering for social change and sustainability in Israel and its vicinity.
The Festival is part of a long-term process that encourages responsibility by supporting entrepreneurship which have sustainable impact on the local society. The festival is the peak point of the year: The place where initiatives are shaped.
We do this by creating a platform in which grassroots organizations and independent activists meet, and new collaborations grow.
The festival is also open to the public. Every person can arrive, enjoy a massive cultural event, get inspired and become active in society.
• To strengthen the ties and interrelations among grassroots organizations and the general public
• To empower participating individuals, according to the freedom of infor-mation and media
• To encourage the development of initiatives which create and support a sustainable lifestyle and promote a sustainable society
1. Activism Festival: In 2011, the festival will put its emphasis on coexistence. The festival will be held in a region cohabitated by Muslim, Christian and Jewish villages in Israel. Along with the already-established activities, Local industries will be invited to take part in creating initiatives with the community; a dialogue tent will hold forums and debates about the possibility of long-term collaborations, and the economics and logistics frame of the festival will support local traders and farmers.
2. Sustainability: Educational demonstrations of sustainable facilities, and distributing equipment and facilities for a community of 100 organizations.
3. Rehabilitation: Active rehabilitation and greening of the area in which the festival resides.
3. Education: Working with youth groups on subjects of sustainability, leadership and community building skills; Activist seminars and organizational skills building workshops
4. Support: supporting and resource-allocating for the participating organizations throughout the year.