- Do you work in the non-profit sector?
- Do you feel that you are constantly looking for funding and sometimes overlooking the purpose or long-term vision of your work?
- Do you question the purpose of what you are doing?
- Is it hard for you sometimes to synchronise your individual purpose with your organisational one?
- Do you ask yourself “how do I put the purpose into action”?
- Do you think that the purpose of your project/career/organisation is blurry and needs clarity?
In civil society organisations that work for development in areas of social or economic equality, environmental sustainability etc, purpose is always there. We know we work for something that is meaningful, a good cause. However, oftentimes this purpose is not clear, we seem to strive and never feel we have arrived. It is hard to communicate, maybe conflicting with other purposes and leaving us feeling depleted and worn out.
In the non-profit sector, we rely on external funding. We are constantly fundraising for our projects and activities to keep our doors open and our staff in their positions. Sometimes we can lose sight from the purpose of our work because we focus too much on keeping the “cash flow”. Some of us are lucky enough to take a pause every once in a while and rethink the purpose of their activities. Sometimes we wonder about the sustainability of our projects and programmes. Usually, the answer is the purpose. What purpose does this project fulfill? What is my vision for the growth of the project which is integral to my professional and individual growth?
Register now for our online workshop with Johanna Westbrandt from Waytogo (Sweden). In this workshop, we will address
- how to reach a clear idea on what your purpose really is,
- how to formulate it so it can be used for what it is there for,
- what we can communicate to the world that helps them understand.
This workshop will put Purpose in relation to Vision, Values and Mission and see how they work together.
- resident of the 42 Euro-Med countries
- working in the non-profit sector
- working with fundraising, project management or communication
- preference to members of the Anna Lindh Foundation
The workshop includes presentation of theory in addition to group discussions in break-out sessions and individual reflection
Wednesday 21 October 09.30 - 12.00
Thursday 22 October 09.30 - 12.00
Participation is free of charge. Number of participants: 30.
Register now at this link.
Deadline 12 October 2020. We will notify participants by 15 October at the latest.
More information: rasha.shaaban(at)varldskulturmuseerna.se
This event is organised with the support of the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
ABOUT JOHANNA WESTBRANDT
Johanna is the founder and chairman of the civil society organization Waytogo. She is an entrepreneur with 20 years of experience in sales, business development and personal development. She has trained people for the most of her career and in later years she has coached leaders and entrepreneurs who are up to something big in the world. As a consultant she helps organisations to develop company core values, formulate purpose, vision, mission. In the organisation Waytogo she has developed expertise and written a book about matters of inclusion in society and has trained and coached youth (unaccompanied minors, newly arrived refugee youths and youth from socio economically challenged neighbourhoods) in leadership, self management, learning and mindset.