CulturePolis would like to share with you the Open Call for an Artist Residency in Italy that they organize for their DIALOG CITY project around the topic of digital transformation and citizen participation. Below you will find the basic information.
DIALOG CITY ART FOR PUBLIC RESIDENCY PROGRAMME invites professional artists to develop ideas for urban interventions dealing with local or global topics that are of great significance for the respective urban society based on participatory approach.
By developing new practices on how to connect digital innovation directly to citizens' physical participation, the European cooperation project DIALOG CITY aims at contributing to increase access to culture through a dialogical approach.
Co-creation is at the core, encompassing a CITIZEN ARCHIVE PLATFORM for the cultural heritage sector and an innovative design thinking toolkit on FUTURE LITERACY. Annual HYBRID FESTIVALS serve as physical and digital cultural platforms to reach diverse audiences.
Participating European cities are Turin and Mondoví (IT) in 2023, Graz (AT) in 2024, Aschaffenburg (DE) and Montpellier (FR) in 2025. The resulting art works of the respective residencies will be shown locally during the annual Hybrid FESTIVAL as well as online. The Call for 2023 is now open for the residency in Italy.
DIALOG CITY GUIDING PRINCIPLES
• For approaching the future, it is crucial enabling people to process memory, collect cultural heritage and to create future literacy skills.
• We want to empower citizens to imagine, design and deal with their own analog and digital future before others do it for them.
BASIC TIMELINE FOR APPLICANTS
• Application due - April 3, 2023
• Announcement of final selection - April 30, 2023
• Residency start - June 20, 2023
• Presentation Hybrid Festival Mondoví - July 20-22, 2023
• Residency end - July 24, 2023
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are only accepted via online form, please follow link below.
The selected artist will be hosted by the Italian cooperation partner CIRKO VERTIGO at Villa Claretta in Grugliasco, Metropolitan City of Turin. https://www.cirkovertigo.com Free accommodation in a single room with private bathroom. The Villa offers a public kitchen that can be used but does not have any canteen or food service. Meals are not included.
3.500 € including profound preparation of the residency after the final selection and presentation of the result during the HYBRID FESTIVAL in Mondoví. Perdiems are included in the fee.
Up to 2.000 €, proposal subject to be reviewed by the internal commission according to the value given in terms of scenography and visibility during the Hybrid Festival. This must be specified in the application.
Will be covered up to the amount of 1.300 €, including return ticket from the origin and local transport Turin to Mondoví.
WHO CAN APPLY
DIALOG CITY ART FOR PUBLIC RESIDENCY PROGRAMME is open to all artistic disciplines (e.g., visual arts, writing, performance, new media, etc.) and other creative practices including, but not limited to, design, architecture, and education. We strongly encourage applicants with interdisciplinary and participatory / socially engaged art practices. Education and Training: We do not require any particular level of education or training to apply. Our residency programme is open to emerging, mid-career, and established artists and creative practitioners who have a dedicated studio practice and professional demeanour. Artists of all nationalities can apply, but they must reside in the European Union or in one of the accession countries.
• The artist must provide the hosting partner CIRKO VERTIGO either with Enpals usability or Model A1 (for non-Italian artists).
• Artist Fee and Artistic Material Costs can be paid only through invoice process. The artist must have a VAT number or an institution it relies on, for invoicing correctly.
• Payment details: at the arrival in Grugliasco, the artist will be given an initial instalment of 50% of the artist fee, while the balance will be paid at the end of the residency (within 60 days).
• English speaking and preferably basic knowledge of Italian language. As an alternative good communicational skill.
• Specific questions may arise during the decision-making process, which the DIALOG CITY consortium will then clarify directly with the applicants.