The Cyprus Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation organises a multi-country youth debate addressing the issue of Youth Civic Engagement in the EuroMed.
The debate will bring together young people (18-35) from across the ALF Networks in the 42 countries to discuss how we can strengthen youth civic engagement in the Euro-Mediterranean region by focusing on the effects of Covid-19 on youth civic engagement and how does corruption influence the effective participation of young people in current and civil affairs. The debate will gather key experts on both topics to provide their insights and discuss with participants!
This virtual debate aims to strengthen intercultural dialogue in EuroMed by bringing together young people to discuss and exchange views on current issues and come up with ideas on how to strengthen youth civic engagement either through more active participation in decision-making, through civil society, or other active citizenship practices.
The debate will be structured around two key issues:
• How has COVID-19 influenced youth civic engagement?
• How does corruption influence the effective participation of civic engagement?
- Dr. Fernanda Odilla, Research Fellow at the Department of Political and Social Science at the University of Bologna
- Maria Konstantinou, Doctoral Student in Psychology, University of Cyprus
- Anya Suprunenko, Executive Director, European Youth Parliament, Berlin, Germany
The debate will be moderated by the European Youth Parliament Cyprus and the Diplomatic Academy - University of Nicosia.
Registration is open to young people (18-35) from across the ALF Networks in the 42 countries.
Register here: https://bit.ly/32YbeMl
Deadline for Registration: 12th of May