- Environment/Sustainable development
ARENUM mission is the support of technical and socio-economic transformation of society to fulfill future requirements in sustainable energy systems and management of natural ressources. This transformation is demanding and touches the entire society, it can not be solved by simple adaptation or substitution of technological systems.
ARENUM beliefes, that sustainable development is a global issue and requires engagement on different levels to build up and exchange best practice examples. Improvement of life conditions is possible only with peaceful and intensive cooperation between people and regions, development and application of innovative and eco-efficient technologies and share of resulting benefits.
ARENUM intends to improve also the general and specific frame conditions for eco-innovative technologies fitting into society and to enhance the level of awareness with target group specific activities in energy education programmes.
Projects are currently focused on:
- Municipal energy concepts including public and private stakeholders,
- Energy related education programmes for different target groups,
- Harmonisation of regional development objectives with European and global requirements (climate change, safety and security of supply, technology gaps, perception...),
- Research contrbutions to selected energy technologies also with specific relevance for developing countries,
- Support platform for integrative implementation of large wind power parks/participation of private, public and stakeholders.
Different network contributions are possible:
- Events and publications in regional (Brandenburg) and national (German) frame and media
- Links to specific activities (website, projectwebsites and database)
- Cross connection to existing and future projects and activities like the "Competence Pool Municiapl Energy", "focus group Model Energy Region Lusatia", climate change impact and climate change regional actions
- Energy days (within EU-ILE programme) for children and classes
- further activities
The ALF network offers the possibility to exchange experience and best practice with other institutions and set up consortia for cooperation activities and projects with relevant impact. It is intended also to participate at ALF project calls or to identify partners for participation in EU-FP7 or IEE.
ARENUM beliefes it may sufficiently contribute with its work and network to connect regional experiences and needs with an European and even international scope in environmental and energy issues.