Beethovnova ulica 7
- Human rights
Amnesty International Slovenia is an independent section of the movement, that follows the same mission as the global movement and implements it via tried-and-tested cross cutting methodologies (lobbying, campaigning, activism, media work, human rights education).
Amnesty International Slovenia is working for the protection of human rights and full access to economic, social and cultural rights in Slovenia and worldwide. This includes working against discrimination and to challenge impunity, for physical and mental integrity, women’s rights, and migrants and asylum seekers rights. Our work includes different activities for achieving results in the human rights field including campaigning, lobbying and activism.
The main activities of Amnesty International Slovenia are:
- lobbying national and international entities with topics concerning domestic and foreing human rights issues
- campaigning for different human rights issues in Slovenia and abroad(e.g. Roma discrimination, the erased case in Slovenia, the death penalty, poverty, women discrimination, child rights, for human rights diffenders and other relevant human rights topics)
- education (Amnesty International has been leading a Human Rights Education program from 1999 and usually carries out more then 100 workshops on human rights topic across the country per year, including more then 2.000 pupils and students in primary, secundary schools and universities)
- regular work with media regarding human rights issues in Slovenia and abroad
- foster activism (as a membership organization with more then 9.000 members and supporters and at least 70 active volounteers, Amnesty International Slovenia has different established networks for lobbying and campainging for activists, who are also included in the regular work and events of the organization).