The Directorate of Education is responsible for the central administration of all aspects of education and related services in Adana.
The Directorate’s main areas of responsibility are in pre-school, primary, post-primary, vocational education,informal education and special education; the promotion of community relations within and between schools; and in-service teacher education. Its primary statutory duty is to promote the education of the people of Adana and to ensure the effective implementation of education policy. Its key functions include:
• advising teachers on the determination of education policy
• framing legislation
• allocating, monitoring and accounting for resources
• through the Education and Training Inspectorate, evaluating and reporting on the quality of teaching and learning and teacher education
The Directorate also aims to ensure that children, through participation of 910 schools, reach the highest possible standards of educational achievement. In pre-school settings, schools also promotes personal well-being and social development, so that children gain the knowledge, skills and experience to reach their full potential as valued individuals.
At present, the Education Department of Adana can be categorized into three (three) different entities viz.
(1) Department of Education (Pre Primary and Primary)
(2) Department of Education (Secondary Education)
(3) Department of Adult Education.
The number of staff employed is about 200.
In 2007 Total Budget 1.930.930,00 TL
In 2008 Total Budget 5.041.738,00 TL
In 2009 Total Budget 5.661.286,00 TL
Sources of funding are provided by the state.
Local partners: Municipalities, public institutions,chambers of commerce and industry, other vocational chambers,sports clubs.
International partners:In context of project, institutions which we executed projects.