#ALFCitiesInDialogue - Cities of Resilience and Solidarity
This project was organised by the Anna Lindh Foundation National Network member Our Common Future (Luxembourg) in the framework of the Anna Lindh Foundation Intercultural Cities programme.
The Covid-19 pandemic has shown the need for increased citizen participation in cities. Citizens need to be involved to a much greater extent in the tackling of current challenges so that they can react proactively. This project aims to help participants to develop these capacities and compare the strategies and methods among their various cultures.
In this vein, the project will encompass online and offline citizen dialogues and workshops on mindfulness, intercultural debates and artistic workshops.
The objectives addressed are the following:
- give visibility and support exchange of good practices for cultural diversity management and dialogue promotion across the EuroMed region
- celebrate the diversity of cultures in the Euro-Mediterranean region and highlight the common features and values they share
- support cultural literacy, increase awareness of diverse cultures and intercultural competencies and behaviour
- support artistic production for social cohesion and intercultural interaction, combating stereotyping and intolerance
- encourage the development of EuroMed collaborations and valorisation of EuroMed cultural diversity at the city level
- support the involvement of young people, women, migrants and refugees in the development of initiatives for the promotion of intercultural relations within the city
This project aims to support the involvement of young people, women, migrants and refugees in the development of initiatives for the promotion of intercultural relations within the city.
Language of the sessions: Arabic, English
Les Amis des Marionnettes, Lebanon
Jabal An-Nar Sports Club, Palestine